Women's Health Physiotherapy Brisbane
Women's Health Services at Revive focus on the management of pelvic floor dysfunction, incontinence and pre and post natal care.
Conditions we treat include:
- Urinary incontinence: including both stress incontinence and over active bladder (p reviously known as 'urge' incontinence)
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic floor and abdominal muscle weakness
- Rectus Diastasis (abdominal muscle separation that can occur due to pregnancy)
- Pre and post natal care - including education, exercise classes and treatment of pelvic floor and other related musculo-skeletal conditions.
A word on incontinence:
- Thirty-seven per cent of Australian women and 13 per cent of Australian men experience incontinence.
- Incontinence is not an inevitable consequence of ageing and can be prevented and treated..
Ask yourself these questions regarding incontinence:
1. When you laugh, sneeze, cough or exercise, do you sometimes leak a small amount of urine?
2. Do you have sudden, strong urges to pass urine and need to rush to the bathroom?
3. Do you arrange your daily routine around where the nearest toilets will be, or know where most public toilets are located?
4. Do you urinate more than 6-8 times during the day?
5. Do you wake twice or more during the night to go to the toilet?
6. Have you given up activities due to fear of bladder leakage?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, you have a treatable problem that will not improve without management and may actually become worse with time.
Please call the studio to make an appointment with our Women’s Health Physiotherapists, Anne Wilby or Jessica Doolin . If you are noticing any of the above symptoms, the sooner you address them the shorter the time will be to resolve them!For more information on incontinence and the pelvic floor:
- Brisbane Northside Women's health physiotherapy
- North West Brisbane Women's health physiotherapy
- Women's health physio Brisbane
- Women's health physiotherapy Brisbane
- Brisbane women's health services
- Pre and Post Natal classes Brisbane
- Pre and post natal physio Brisbane
- Pregnancy physio Brisbane
- Pre and post natal physiotherapy Brisbane
- Pelvic Floor physiotherapy Brisbane Northside