- Do you suffer from stiffness or pain from sitting or hunching over a computer all day?
- Do you wish you were exercising regularly but can't seem to find the time?
- Are you looking for increased incentives in the workplace?
Revive Ashgrove has the solution!
Pilates is an exercise method that targets the body's core stabilising muscles, enhances balanced posture and alignment and helps reduce stiffness and pain often associated with 'the office working environment'.
Corporate classes are private mat sessions that accommodate individual company needs. These classes are scheduled at a time that suits the company and are held onsite at the workplace or in Revive Wellness Centres (you have your own closed class at our studio) . Our classes are programmed to address common musculoskeletal 'problem areas' associated with office workers and executives such as poor posture, tight upper back and lack of mobility through the spine and body.
Corporate Onsite Massage
Massage assists the body's natural ability to heal itself. It relaxes and tones the muscles, preventing injuries, increasing circulation and therefore improving the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to all body cells. Our mobile massage services can be tailored to accommodate individual company needs. These sessions are scheduled a a time that suits the company and workers and are held onsite at the workplace.
Onsite massage can make a significant difference to your workplace:
- Massage can help by providing relief from stress injuries and conditions
- Reduce anxiety
- Increase mental awareness and clarity
- Calm the nervous system
15 minute massage = $20 per person
30 minute massage = $35 per person
Please call the studio to discuss your requirements
Ergonomic Worksite Assessments
Why have a workstation assessment conducted by a physiotherapist?
- Frequent or repetitive movements or holding postures for prolonged periods will cause increasing discomfort or injury.
- Work station assessments properly screen for potential musculoskeletal problems and recommend necessary changes.
- Risk management assessment has been proven to assist in prevention of work related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSDs). (Scan J Work Environ Health 2002)
- Risk assessment is particularly critial when: An injury has occured, a new staff member commences, a worker changes workstation, a new work process is introduced or modified
- An ergonomic workstation assessment will determine the specific needs for every worker. Each individual is different so a set formula for a workstation set up will not suit the entire office.
Benefits of a workstation assessment conducted by a physiotherapist:
Physiotherapists are the experts in postural assessment and body biomechanics. Physiotherapists have an extremely high level of knowledge relating to pain and pathology. From this knowledge the physiotherapist can best tailor the set-up of a work station to each worker. Mass ergonomics recipes applied by practitioners with limited training will not address the specific needs of each worker. Protect yourself and each staff member individually with a ergonomic assessment conducted by a physiotherapist.
What does a consultation involve?
- A confidential discussion of any past relevant medical/musculoskeletal problems.
- Assessment of your workstation at your office typically taking around 30-40 minutes.
- Some changes may be made at the time of assessment, other changes will be outlined in a written report you will receive, such as recommeded equipment.
- Once changes are in place a follow up review of your new workstation set up can be arranged if needed.
Job Fit System
Job Fit system's unique database objectively compares worker capabilities to job demands to assist employers, health providers and consultants and give them (and the worker) peace of mind when making decisions regarding job placement, suitable duties programs, health surveilance and risk management strategies.
Jessica Doolin is trained in the Job Fit system so please feel free to contact him if you have any questions regarding this procedure or contact Job Fit.